Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Osaka & Nara

The famous Glico Man at Dotonbori. Lots of dining options here

Todaiji Temple in Nara - the world's largest wooden building

From Namba where Swissotel is, we took the Kintetsu Nara Line Rapid and got to JR Nara in 37min JPY810. The tourism office is just a 3 min walk in front of the station. Get your one day bus pass for JPY500. This will bring you to most of the sights like Todaiji Temple, Kasuga Taisha Shrine, Gengoji Temple and the Heijo-kyo Palace Site. Check out details here

Watch out for the deers roaming around freely in Nara!


Jetso Tip: While in Nara, do try the wild vegetables served in the restaurants around the temple. The mushrooms and veg are so sweet !


Kasuga Taisha, famous for its lanterns, which have been donated by worshipers

Making a wish for longevity for our parents

3 comments:

  1. Hihi I chance upon your blog at flowerpod. I am planning for my honeymoon on 1 apr to 11 apr. Round trip to and fro Tokyo. I plan to go Kyoto, Osaka then back Tokyo. Is this feasible for 11 days?

    Could you share with me what are the places to visit in Kyoto and Osaka. First time planning f&e to japan and am a bit lost. :)

    My email is sunny_dreamzz@yahoo.com.sg. Hope to hear from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aimei, I have replied your email

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, do u mind sharing ur itinerary n experience wif me...goin in 2weeks time.. gunnss69@yahoo.com

      Delete