Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Visiting the doctor in Seoul

Visiting the doctor in Seoul

I fell sick on the first day there. Carried over my bout of food poisoning from Singapore. Sickening thing is that I had gone to the doctor twice and spent over $100 and still suffering. So I continued to have the runs, and was feeling nausea and totally miserable. Luckily the hotel staff recommended a clinic in Myeongdong, walking distance from the hotel. I had an injection and 3 days worth of medication.

The doctor could speak and comprehend English although the staff had some difficulty. And the surprising thing about visiting the doctor there was that it was really much cheaper than Singapore. The doctor's fees plus injection, considering I was foreigner, was only about S$30. I went to the dispensary next to the clinic for the medication which cost me about S$15. I did not have to worry about identifying the medication to take as they have been packed nicely by days which 1 packet for morning, another for noon and nigth. How efficient and convenient. Thanks to the good Korean doctor, I recovered by the end of 3rd day and was able to enjoy my Hokkaido trip.








No comments:

Post a Comment